Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP)
The Family Caregiver Support Program was designed to coordinate with other community-based services to support those caring for an older adult. The purpose is to reduce caregiver stress and burden so they can care for their loved ones longer in their home.
The FCSP offers a range of services to support family caregivers:
- Information to caregivers about available services.
- Assistance to caregivers in gaining access to the services.
- Individual counseling, support groups and training to assist caregivers in the areas of health, nutrition, and financial literacy.
- Respite care to enable caregivers to be temporarily relieved from their caregiving responsibilities.
- Supplemental services such as nutritional supplements, incontinence supplies and medical equipment, on a limited basis.
Eligible family caregivers are:
- A caregiver of any age providing care for an older adult age 60 or older or providing care for a person with Alzheimer’s disease or related brain disorder.
- A caregiver (who is not the birth or adoptive parent), age 55 or older, raising a related child age 18 and under or an adult with a disability.
To get more information about this service please call us at 704-216-7704.