AARP – Salisbury-Rowan Chapter #4314
This club meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at the Center at 12:30 pm. Chapter meetings have been paused until September.
Chapter meetings provide a forum for members to discuss local state and national issues to achieve common goals.
This club meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month at the Center at 11:30 am.
The Ambassadors Club serves as a “booster club” for Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, providing opportunities for individuals to support the Center through volunteer service:
- Learn details of how the center operates
- Educate others & be an advocate for the Center
- Support its objectives
- Provide input & assistance
- Use your special talents
- Grow in volunteer leadership
- Enjoy good fellowship
This club meets each Wednesday at the Center at 9:30 am.
Join us to:
- Trade ideas
- Create beautiful needlework
This club meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month at the Center at 2 pm. Call 704-216-7714 for monthly book selections.
This club meets on the 3rd Friday of March, June, September, and December. They meet at the Center at 11:00 am.
Quarterly luncheon meetings for retired employees of Duke Power.
This club meets each Wednesday & Friday at the Center at 1 pm.
This club meets every Monday at a local golf course. View schedule here. Any Rowan resident 55 or older is welcome to:
- Play golf
- Meet other senior golfers
- Get discounts at golf courses
Golf Scores for:
This club meets on the 2nd Monday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. They meet at the Center at 12 noon.
One Powerful Voice
For men & women who are serving, or have served, on active duty or in one of the national Guard or reserve components, as a commissioned or warrant officer, in one of the seven US uniformed services.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
Make sure your rights are being protected. As a MOAA member, you’ll have access to unique personal assistance programs, money-saving products and services, plus a team of legislative professionals fighting for your rights.
For $20 or less a year, MOAA membership is a sound investment.
This club meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at the Center at 1:00 pm.
- To support legislation beneficial to current and potential federal annuitants and to oppose legislation contrary to their interests.
- To promote the general welfare of current and potential federal annuitants by advising them with respect to their rights under retirement laws and regulations.
- To cooperate with other organizations and associations in furtherance of these general objectives.
Rowan Doll Society
This club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Center at 12 noon.
This club meets every Thursday at the Center at 9:30 am.
- Show & Tell
All interested adults are welcome to join us to quilt and share ideas.
This club meets on the 3rd Wednesday of January, March, May, September, and November. They meet at the Center at 10:30 am.
The objectives of the Salisbury-Rowan unit of Retired School Personnel are:
- To promote the social, economic, and professional status of retired school personnel.
- To support the North Carolina Association of Educators and its programs in efforts to advance the quality of education and to promote the welfare of its members.
- To work for state and federal legislation to improve retirement living for members of the unit.
- To motivate every member to find some avenue of serving others.
This club meets every Thursday at the Center at 1:00 pm.
Join our group of experienced carvers and turn a shapeless block of wood into something beautiful or practical while socializing with others.